Monday 21 April 2014

My bags are packed...

After a year of anticipation, and several goodbyes, I am officially leaving for the Kyrgyz Republic this week!

2013 was definitely a trial of different cities and moving to all corners of the country (Seattle, New York, Orange County). Living so nomadically made me want to settle a bit and try to stay in one spot for longer than a few months!  I am ready to leave that year behind and find my own home for the next 27 months. 

Though I am used to living on my own and abroad, this is a whole other beast. Going to university in London when I was 18 was scary, but knowing I would be visiting for summers and winters help ease the worry. As a Peace Corps Trainee and Volunteer, I will have little access to visit my life stateside. It will be a challenge, like none I have faced before, but one I am ready to tackle! 

With only 48 hours left with my family and friends, I will be spending most of the time face first in burgers, donuts and pizza. Then I am off to Washington DC for brief orientation and quickly leaving for Bishkek on Friday. I have a feeling this week will go by in a meteoric flash. I am so excited and terrified to leave everything I have ever known, meet my new K-22 friends and embark on this new journey and chapter in my story. 

So here we go, me, myself and a tub of peanut butter are moving on up!

Kalynn and I, 2014

Eric and I, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment