Monday 1 September 2014

My Village!

So my last post was far too negative and I think it's time to give you a tour of my village.


International is in the Chui Oblast, only an hour outside of Bishkek. It was founded by Germans after the war, which is where it's name comes from. The village is pretty modern, it has several small shops, a clinic, a war monument and, of course, a school. Village life is pretty slow, I usually spend the day studying and then take a break with my family and we go get ice cream (in Kyrgyz its call "Cold Honey"). The village has about 3000 people in it, one of the larger villages in the area. Everyone is really nice, the kids will always yell "Hello! How are you?" to me no matter where I am coming from or going. I have been able to teach them "bye-bye", however now they just start saying that to me as a greeting. I might be approaching this whole teaching this wrong. 


Ak Telek (my school)


War Monument


My Home!


^ This what what guesting looks like ^


Arlen, my brother


Kalema, my niece


One of our Cows



Cezam, our dog (he is very old and riddled with fleas, but I love him!)


One of our chickens had chicks!




No comments:

Post a Comment